The Mid-Atlantic Association of IB World Schools
fosters a collaborative environment for all members to serve
and advocate for IB World Schools throughout the
Vision: Educate – Participate -
- IBMA aims to provide valuable programming
for all of its members.
- IBMA aims for meaningful
participation of all members.
- IBMA aims to be a
leader among the IB Community.
IBMA is a
group of like-minded educators in the mid-Atlantic region
whose goal is to collaborate and connect with all things IB.
The mission of IBMA is to Educate, Participate and Lead by
providing valuable programming, encouraging meaningful
participation of all IB stakeholders, and fostering a spirit
of collaboration among its member schools and with the IB
Americas office. If you’d like to learn more, check
out our website, visit our Facebook page, or follow us on
- The first IBMA Coordinators meeting was held at Gar-Field High School in Woodbridge, Va on October 1. Details here. The Winners of the IBMA Faculty Excellence Award are here.
- The winners of the 2021 IBMA Student Excellence Award have been announced. The winners are listed here.
- Winners of the IBMA Faculty Excellence Award from October, December, and February are here
- The February IBMA Coordinators meetings were divided by IB Programmes. Details and other resources here.
- The December 11 IBMA Coordinators meeting featured a workshop "Making Thinking Visible in the IB Classroom" with teachers from Project Zero via Zoom. Resources from the meeting are here.
- The October IBMA Coordinators meeting via Zoom was held on October 9, 2020 on the topic of "Approaches to Teaching and Learning in Action across the Continuum" with Heather Michael. Meeting resources here
- Other news