The Mid-Atlantic Association of IB World Schools
fosters a collaborative environment for all members to serve
and advocate for IB World Schools throughout the
Vision: Educate – Participate -
- IBMA aims to provide valuable programming
for all of its members.
- IBMA aims for meaningful
participation of all members.
- IBMA aims to be a
leader among the IB Community.
IBMA is a
group of like-minded educators in the mid-Atlantic region
whose goal is to collaborate and connect with all things IB.
The mission of IBMA is to Educate, Participate and Lead by
providing valuable programming, encouraging meaningful
participation of all IB stakeholders, and fostering a spirit
of collaboration among its member schools and with the IB
Americas office. If you’d like to learn more, check
out our website, visit our Facebook page, or follow us on
- The December 11 IBMA Coordinators meeting will feature a workshop "Making Thinking Visible in the IB Classroom" with teachers from Project Zero via Zoom. Registration here
- Winners of the IBMA Faculty Excellence Award are here
- The October IBMA Coordinators meeting via Zoom was held on October 9, 2020 on the topic of "Approaches to Teaching and Learning in Action across the Continuum" with Heather Michael. Meeting resources here
- The IBMA response to racial justice issues with links to other resources.
- The winners of the 2020 IBMA Student Excellence Award have been announced. The winners are listed here.
- The February 7, 2020 IBMA Coordinator meeting was held at North Hagerstown HS, Hagerstown, MD. Erin Albright (Head of Professional Services, Policy and Design, International Baccalaureate Organization) and Laura Lane (IB World Schools Manager) will be "Introducing a new approach to programme evaluation." Meeting resources are here.
- The October 18 IBMA Coordinator meeting was held at Maryland International School in Elkridge, MD. Guest speaker Julie Stern discussed "Conceptional Understanding." Meeting resources are here.
- Other news