The Mid-Atlantic Association of IB World Schools
fosters a collaborative environment for all members to serve
and advocate for IB World Schools throughout the
Vision: Educate – Participate -
- IBMA aims to provide valuable programming
for all of its members.
- IBMA aims for meaningful
participation of all members.
- IBMA aims to be a
leader among the IB Community.
IBMA is a
group of like-minded educators in the mid-Atlantic region
whose goal is to collaborate and connect with all things IB.
The mission of IBMA is to Educate, Participate and Lead by
providing valuable programming, encouraging meaningful
participation of all IB stakeholders, and fostering a spirit
of collaboration among its member schools and with the IB
Americas office. If you’d like to learn more, check
out our website, visit our Facebook page, or follow us on
- The December 2, 2022 was held at Gar-Field HS, Woodbridge, VA. Jessica Vance spoke on "Leading with a Lens of Inquiry." Resources here. Winners of the IBMA Faculty Excellence Award are here.
- The September 23, 2022 Coordinators meeting was held at North Hagerstown HS, Hagerstown, MD. Resources here.
- The June 3, 2022 Coordinators meeting was held at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC. Resources here.
- The winners of the 2022 IBMA Student Excellence Award have been announced. The winners are listed here.
- The February 3, 2022 Coordinators meeting was held virtually and focused on the IB Evaluation Process and featured IB World School Managers Laura Lane and Aldo Anzures. Details and resources here.
- The December 1 IBMA Coordinators meeting was held virtually and featured speaker Trevor MacKenzie. Details and resources here.
- The first IBMA Coordinators meeting was held at Gar-Field High School in Woodbridge, Va on October 1. Details here. Winners of the IBMA Faculty Excellence Award are here.
- Other news