The Mid-Atlantic Association of IB World Schools
fosters a collaborative environment for all members to serve
and advocate for IB World Schools throughout the
Vision: Educate – Participate -
- IBMA aims to provide valuable programming
for all of its members.
- IBMA aims for meaningful
participation of all members.
- IBMA aims to be a
leader among the IB Community.
IBMA is a
group of like-minded educators in the mid-Atlantic region
whose goal is to collaborate and connect with all things IB.
The mission of IBMA is to Educate, Participate and Lead by
providing valuable programming, encouraging meaningful
participation of all IB stakeholders, and fostering a spirit
of collaboration among its member schools and with the IB
Americas office. If you’d like to learn more, check
out our website, visit our Facebook page, or follow us on
- The February 7, 2020 IBMA Coordinator meeting will be held at North Hagerstown HS, Hagerstown, MD. Erin Albright (Head of Professional Services, Policy and Design, International Baccalaureate Organization) and Laura Lane (IB World Schools Manager) will be "Introducing a new approach to programme evaluation." Register here.
- The October 18 IBMA Coordinator meeting was held at Maryland International School in Elkridge, MD. Guest speaker Julie Stern discussed "Conceptional Understanding." Meeting resources are here.
- There are proposed revisions to the IBMA Constitution. Take a look at the current and revised documents here.
- The IBMA Subject Bootcamp was held September 21 at Robinson Secondary School. Details here.
- The first IBMA Coordinator meeting was held at Robinson Secondary School on Sept. 20. Meeting resources are here.
- The winners of the 2019 IB Mid-Atlantic
Student Excellence Award applications have been selected.
- Other news